Meet our brand-new dreamcatcher-style windchimes; although perhaps we should call them windclunks because they are too chunky to chime but what they lack in melodious ringing they make up for in their beauty (we’re not ashamed to boast because they are!…)
Our chunky china dreamcatcher-style windchime will be beautiful inside or outdoors (in the summer months and look lovely hanging from doors, windows, trees or just about anywhere. They are strung using white waxed cord and handtied knots… please note that while they are happy to summer outside we advise bringing them in before the first frost to protect both the pottery and waxed cord.
To me, these sum up what I try and achieve with Marigold and Lettice: the way that the light dances of them (even if they don’t have a pretty chime to accompany it) is magical, it shows the many different colours of white as the sun (or candle light) hits them and highlights that there is no such thing as a plain, flat, white circle of chunky china – even the simplest disc, cross, heart or flower has texture galore and a whole lot to offer! We’re getting carried away but hope you can see how the light catches them even from our indoor pictures!
Now, each piece will be totally unique as they don’t follow a set pattern – similar yes, unique absolutely…. what’s more we have a number of different styles for you to choose from, and sizes too!
- Fluted edged discs – fluted circle with simple imprinted design. Hanging strands will be a mix of different sized plain and imprinted round discs
- Crosses - fluted circle with cross inside. Hanging strands will be a mix of different sized crosses
- Hearts - fluted circle with heart inside. Hanging strands will be a mix of different sized plain and imprinted hearts
- Flower - fluted circle with either one large flower or full flowers. The hanging strands will be a mix of large/small
- Birds/flowers - fluted circle with simple imprinted design. Hanging strands will be a mix of birds and flowers. On the medium one there will be three birds and two flowers; the large one will have four birds and three flowers. There is also an option to have these birds as a robin or bluetit
- Swans/flowers - fluted circle with simple imprinted design. Hanging strands will be a mix of large and small swans together with flowers. On the medium one there will be one large swan, two small swans and two flowers; the large one will have two large swans, two small swans and three flowers
*all come with mix of unglazed bobbles and circles
+waiting for pictures of swans!
(five decorative hanging strands)
(seven decorative hanging strands)
Flowers (one flower on main circle)
Flowers (full flowers on main circle)
Bird & flowers (all white birds)
Bird & flowers (white/robin/bluetit birds)
(1 robin, 1 bluetit, 1 white bird)
(1 robin, 1 buetit, 2 white birds)
Swans & flower
I M P O R T A N T
I N F O R M A T I O N
Marigold and Lettice pottery is (hand)made to be loved and used, and happily goes in the oven, dishwasher and microwave. Our chunky china has a very different look and feel to mass-produced pottery; each piece is handmade so expect to see thumb prints and perfectly imperfect glazing - it’s what makes our pottery unique and full of character.
Getting your perfect piece to you is our priority but as each piece is made to order (we don't hold any pieces in stock), the process takes a MINIMUM OF THREE TO FOUR WEEKS although this is just a guide and if it goes over please bear with us.
Please note that because each piece is unique the design will be different from the one in the picture – similar but unique.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE AN APPROXIMATE SIZE AS EACH PIECE IS HANDMADE
- Medium – 12cm fluted edged circle, with five decorative hanging strands of your selected design
- Large – 16cm fluted edged circle with seven decorative hanging strands of your selected design
Marigold and Lettice pottery
Marigold and Lettice pottery is made to be used, loved and enjoyed; it’s made using sturdy earthenware clay and a thick white glaze. This means it’s hard-wearing and every piece can safely go in the oven, dishwasher, microwave and even the freezer.
Each piece that is made by Marigold and Lettice is totally handmade and a one-off. So, if you see thumb prints in the clay or the glaze that may be thicker in some parts than others, it's because each piece is unique and is what gives our chunky china its specialness, and a different look and feel to mass-produced pottery.
When you first get your chunky china piece you may hear a ‘ping’ - especially the first time the pottery meets with water. If you do, please don’t worry, it's really quite normal and will stop as soon as the glaze/clay settles down together. You may also notice that the bottom of every piece is left unglazed, and this may leave a slight residue on your shelves, but can be easily wiped away with a damp cloth.
Like with all china, over time you may also notice signs of use in the glaze, but these are just signs of the china being well-loved. If this is the case, please be assured, the piece will still be perfectly fine to use.